TEMPORARILY POSTPONED – FREE! Open Group for Parents of LGBTQ+ Children and Teens (postponed until further notice)
April 14 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
An event every 2 weeks that begins at 4:00 pm on Tuesday, repeating until June 24, 2020
Facilitated by Hava Dennenberg, LCSW and George Goldston LMFTi
This could be a group for you if you can relate to any of the following:
– You often feel you don’t understand what your child means when they say they are a gay, lesbian, transgender, bisexual or queer person, or questioning their identity.
– You don’t understand why your child is asking you to call them different pronouns from the sex they were assigned at birth.
– You feel you’ve experienced a loss after your child “came out” as LGBTQ+ or that he/she is “going through a phase.”
– You feel your morals differ from your child’s when it comes to sexual orientation or gender identity and you need support from other parents in similar circumstances
– You get confused by what all the letters in the LGBTQ+ acronym mean (LGBTQIA2+)