Alliance Counseling Center is seeking a full time (20 – 25 direct clinical hours per week and 40 hours total) mental health professional to join our dynamic team. We will accept interest from both licensed and unlicensed (registered intern) applicants with the right experience.
Alliance Counseling and The Center at Heron Hill is an outpatient, nature based mental health clinic located on a 60-acre farm in Canby, Oregon. We utilize nature-based therapeutic models, equine and animal assisted therapies and serve a wide population of early childhood to adult clients. Applicants must have experience and be comfortable in working across the lifespan, have basic to advanced knowledge of child and youth development, be competent working with children as young as 8 years old and feel comfortable with offering parenting support and collaboration. Priority and focus will be given to applicants who have demonstrated experience working with populations in nature-based settings and/or other unique outdoor training and experiential work. Certification, advanced training or specific courses taken in nature-based, ecopsychology, animal assisted therapies, etc. is a plus. In addition, applicants must be skilled at not only working with a close team, but also independently, as this position does require a high degree of organization.
Alliance Counseling Center offers competitive pay with average yearly compensation of $60,000+ and a generous benefits package.
Please apply ONLY if you have experience in outdoor, nature-based therapy (examples include: ecotherapy, wilderness therapy, horticulture therapy, animal assisted therapy, or education in ecopsychology). Preference and focus will be given to clinicians with direct experience in outdoor-based therapy. You must have a willingness to work with a range of client populations, including young children and their parents/guardians. You have experience working with people within marginalized groups and a diverse range of client populations. You have training or a willingness to get training within 6 months of hire in at least one trauma modality such as EMDR, Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Somatic Experiencing, Cognitive Processing therapy, etc. Bilingual Spanish speakers are encouraged to apply.
- Provide outpatient mental health counseling for children, adolescents, adults and/or parenting support and collaboration (Preference for therapists who can work across the lifespan, including early/young childhood and have experience in utilizing nature-based therapy as a therapeutic modality)
- Ability to complete biopsychosocial assessments and treatment plans.
- Clinical documentation and report writing to meet client needs and best practice standards.
- An ability to work collaboratively as a team for consultation/supervision and treatment for both individuals and family dynamics.
- Actively engage in weekly staff meetings for case consultation and program development.
- Possession of a Master’s degree or higher from an accredited school of social work, psychology or counseling.
- Licensed to practice in the state of Oregon (PhD, PsyD, LCSW, LPC or the ability to achieve licensure within 12 months (CSWA, LPC Intern, etc.).
- Ability to pass a criminal background