Mental Health Professional Position
Alliance Counseling/The Center at Heron Hill currently has an opening for an Oregon-licensed mental health professional or capable of being licensed within 6 months (LPC, LMFT, LCSW, PsyD, or PhD) to provide outpatient outdoor based counseling services. We are a unique mental health clinic that utilizes principles of trauma informed care, nature based therapy, and animal assisted therapy with a diverse range of client populations. Therapy takes place on a 60 acre farm located in Canby, OR. This is a full time position (A minimum of 20 or more direct clinical hours, and 40 hours total). You will be paid a percentage of fees collected rather then a salary, with benefits available. We are contracted with the Oregon Health Authority, and a few private insurance panels. Alliance Counseling/The Center at Heron Hill is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To learn more about our program and to apply please visit https://thecenteratheronhill.com/about-us/
- Provide outpatient mental health counseling for children, adolescents, adults and/or families. (preference for therapists who can work across the lifespan and have experience and interest in utilizing nature based therapy as a therapeutic modality)
- Ability to complete biopsychosocial assessments and treatment plans.
- Clinical documentation and report writing to meet client needs and best practice standards.
- An ability to work collaboratively as a team for consultation/supervision and treatment for both individuals and families.
- Actively engage in weekly staff meetings for case consultation, and program development.
- Possession of a Master’s degree or higher from an accredited school of social work, psychology or counseling.
- License to practice in the state of Oregon (PhD, PsyD, LCSW, LPC, LMFT,or the ability to achieve license within 6 months (CSWA, LPC Intern, etc.)
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
Please apply if you have:
- Experience in outdoor, nature based therapy (examples include, ecotherapy, wilderness therapy, horticultural therapy, animal assisted therapy, or education in Ecopsychology)
- Preference will be given to clinicians with direct experience in outdoor based therapy.
- A willingness to work with a range of client populations.
- Experience in working with people within marginalized groups, and a diverse range of client populations.
- Training (or willingness to get training within at least 6 months of hire) in at least one trauma modality such as EMDR, Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Somatic Experiencing, Cognitive Processing Therapy, etc.
- Interest and Excitement in utilizing expressive arts as a therapeutic modality with clients.
- Bilingual Spanish speakers are encouraged to apply
Skill Trainer Position
The Skills Trainer works as a member of an interdisciplinary team to implement and monitor treatment for clients at Alliance Counseling. As a mental health facility we require skills trainers to have training and understanding of the multi-faceted impacts of trauma in order to best help those we serve. The Skills Trainer must have the ability to work independently and collaboratively. This position involves participation and implementation of treatment goals established by the clinical mental health therapist to promote a strengths-based, client centered approach to assisting clients in achieving established goals. The Skills trainer works with clients both individually, and in groups.
Alliance Counseling/The Center at Heron Hill is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To learn more about our program and to apply please visit https://thecenteratheronhill.com/about-us/
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively; understand mental health assessments, treatment and service terminology, case management, confidentiality, and individual,mgroup, family and other counseling techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to provide culturally-competent treatment services to diverse client populations and maintain a cooperative working relationship with others in a culturally diverse environment.
- Knowledge of community resources and treatment agencies enabling appropriate referrals for specific client needs.
- Enter and retrieve data in our Electronic Health record.
- Demonstrated ability to implement program policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in a behavioral science field from an accredited college or university or three years of full time professional experience working with adults, children, and/or families in a mental health setting. Demonstrate the competencies to become credentialedas a Qualified Mental Health Associate (QMHA), as outlined in the Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR). Certification must be kept current and in compliance with the OAR’s.
- Have completed a Mental Health First Aid course, or something comparable, or a willingness to complete the course within 6 months of hire.
Please Apply if you have
- Experience working with children and families
- Excitement and experience engaging with clients utilizing a nature based and/or experiential approach.
- Bilingual/Spanish speakers are encouraged to apply
- Pay is on a commission basis. Employee is paid 45% of collected fees.
- A typical skills training session bills at $100.00/ 51-60 minutes.
- Benefits included for full time work. (A minimum of 20 or more direct service hours and 40 hours total)