- This event has passed.
Roaring Lion, Quiet Owl, Sly Fox, Sneaky Chameleon
October 11, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Tuesday, repeating until November 15, 2022
This is a group for those of us who may still be developing skills for communicating emotions and needs. How do I tell the people I love that I am angry with them? What can I say when I need a hug? Why do I feel the things I feel? Can I make these feelings go away? If you have ever asked those questions, this group is for you! We will learn how to express feelings in meaningful ways and why we have feelings in the first place. Oh, and we will be sure to have lots of fun in the process! The counselors will use play- and nature-based techniques to engage group members in play and deeper thought about emotions and communication. Group members must be comfortable engaging in group movement activities with peers and must be able to remain in the group during session time. This group will run for 6 weeks and has one time only enrollment, which will provide safe space for a broad range of emotion and communication. 8-10 participants total.
* Date & Time: Tuesday October 11th-November 15th, 9-10AM for 6 consecutive weeks
* Groups will include no more than 10 participants 5-8 years old
* Insurance accepted including OHP. Cost is $47.00 per 60-minute session.
* Members should be comfortable engaging in group movement activities with peers and remain in the group during session time
* For more information contact your current therapist or Abby Joffe-Aalto at The Center at Heron Hill